11 August 2005

Stalking Darragh O'Donoghue

Heh heh heh. You may have noticed...but perhaps you haven't...that the Views and Reviews section of our little 'zine isn't exactly on fire. The problem is--well, I'm not really sure what the problem is. My heart was searching the Web for my true sorrow. And then I read a review for one of my favorite French flicks of all time: MERCI POUR LE CHOCOLAT, (US Title: NIGHTCAP) cool, Hitchcockian piece of cinema, featuring chocolate and classical music.

I loved the movie, I loved the review almost as much. It was written by some chick named Alice Liddell. No, I did not catch on. As far as I'm concerned the surname of little-Alice-who-went-down-a-rabbit-hole-and-had-an-adventure will always be: In Wonderland.

I learned in due course that Alice Liddell was actually Darragh O'Donoghue of Dublin, Ireland. My efforts to get a working email address, for Mr. Odonoghue lead me all over the web. He popped up in the oddest places; Amazon.com, Sensesofcinema.com, a fully formed web-presence. Until he disappeared. So now, I search for Darragh who is possessed of a finesse, a sensibility an abject adoration of film and literature, that makes me feel I cannot give up until I find him.

I had to let go of littemissknowitall who wrote that great FIREFLY review. I refuse to lose another man! Into the breach!
Tags: , , , , ,
Tags: , , , , ,


--dB

No comments: