26 October 2005

Huh.

So, yesterday all of my bookmarks...my browser bookmarks...just disappeared. And I'm fairly certain, though not quite sure, that there were some rather essential to Life and Breadth links linked therein.

Or...maybe I'm just mad because I can't remember which of the Vanished were links I'd intended to delete, And which were links I really needed or wanted (same thing). That's probably it.

No...but seriously all of my bookmarks are gone. All of them. And it's not my fault cause I didn't do anything. That I remember.

Here's another thing...Elizabethtown. Every once in a while a movie will come along that makes me feel as though I'm being sold snake oil by the studio. It's something to do with the tone or timber in the voiceover guy's voice; or the size of the font declaring the movie, "A triumph...!" by the Detroit Daily Star.

I'm sure it's a fantastic movie. And I will probably go see it, particularly now that I've seen the stripped-down-to-essentials review given by my personal film tutor...Roger Ebert.

Meanwhile in Hollywood...
Catherine Zeta-Jones is linked to a remake of the whimsical, beautiful little German film Mostly Martha.

Unlike some people on imdb.com I am not myself morally opposed to a remake. Jones is a great actor. It could be good, it all depends on who writes the screenplay. My only advice to the uninitiated would be to run to the video store and rent the original. See Mostly Martha as it was meant to be seen, before Hollywood lets it down.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: