13 July 2005

Oh save my aching arches

So have you noticed how some of the captions of the emoticons don't really match the icon itself?

I'm in a bit of a noticing mood tonight. Which is why I started reading back through some of the old posts. I found them amusing, even if I do say it myself. They are pretty darn good. The entries I've been writing lately sort of suck, but, once upon a time, I was a good writer.

Ahh, for the good old days. Anyway, I have this friend (whom I love worship and adore) who is just a little half-baked. Not incompetent exactly. She (may she live forever) has a tendency to not quite dot her eyes and cross her tees (yes I know) in rather a big way. And I myself am a compulsive 'T'-(see I can do it when I try) crosser. I have to know all my ducks are in a row. I like to have a plans A, B and C all spelled out before I start something.

So what do I do? Something incredibly stupid. In an effort to make myself and this site financially viable, I have mixed myself up in a project with my friend. You know how people say, you shouldn't mix business and friendship; well we are a perfect example of that particular truism. She's great, and I'm great. But just like everyone else, we have our little neurosis in particular areas. In this case, my neurosis and her neurosis are completely incompatible.

Everything is going to be fine, it will all work out, but in the meantime, I'm stressing. I'm trying not to call her every ten minutes because somewhere in the region of my higher reasoning faculties (which still have control over my motor skills) I'm aware that compulsivity (hah!) Is terribly unattractive.

So until it all works out, I'll be over here in my little corner of the room chewing my thumbnail and not panicking.

'Til tomorrow.

Except no, wait. The dogs. I'm house sitting for friends and they have the most adorable floppy-eared, long-bodied, short-legged pair of mutts you could imagine. They're called Lady and Honey. They remind me of me and my brother when we were kids. Honey is like Jason, small, wiry, always ready to grab the spotlight or be on the go, always banging in or out, usually with some gross kind of show-and-tell cupped in his hands. Lady is more like I was, friendly but shy, usually sitting in the corner of the room trying not to be noticed by my mother, for fear she'd send me outside to play when I'd rather be reading or listening in on a conversation that didn't concern me. They are very cute dogs.

a domani

--dB

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: